At Tomoki Uno Architects, we are seeking an enthusiastic and talented Architect, or Senior Architect to join our team in Nagoya, Japan. The ideal applicant must have completed their architectural degree, experience in the building design field and be able to speak and understand both Japanese and English.
The Architect or Senior Architect will report directly to Tomoaki Uno, overseeing projects from their design to completion. The ideal individual for this role will be proactive, adept at converting design visions into detailed drawings. Proficiency in both English and Japanese, coupled with excellent collaboration skills, is essential. We’re seeking candidates with exceptional organisational skills, the insight to ask relevant questions, and the drive to tackle design and technical challenges. Within our small team, the Architect will have exposure to the complete architectural process, whether in the office or on the construction site.
Required skills and experience
- Bachelor of Architecture or Masters of Architecture from an accredited university required
- Japanese candidates: 5+ years experience
- Non-Japanese candidates: 2+ years experience
- English language ability level B2/C1 (Upper Intermediate) at a minimum
- Japanese language ability JLPT level N3 at a minimum
- Must be proficient in Vectorworks
If you find that you don’t meet all of the requirements we would still consider your application due to the variety of the skills required. All candidates will be expected to complete a 1 month probational period.
Please fill out the form or contact us at email@example.com